Visual Fault Locator,Get the Best Price
This article gives you a detailed introduction to the 6 visual fault locators and explains how the fiber optic cable visual fault locator works and what it is used for.
Melontel can provide you with several models of fiber optic cable visual fault locator, and Melontel has a high quality product that has a repeat customer rate of over 85%. Melontel can also provide you with various tools such as power meter, power meter, fiber cable stripper, fusion splicer and network tool kit.
Your Professional Visual Fault Locator Manufacturer
Visual Fault Locator Data Sheet
In the environment of integrated network cabling, to meet the demand for high-performance cabling, fiber optic often appears as bare fiber, coiled fiber, fiber fusion, and other phenomena because the thread is more fragile compared to copper and prone to failure, so the fiber detection tool has become a standard tool in integrated network cabling, visual fault locator as one of the standard fiber detection tools for troubleshooting network, can quickly detect fiber connectivity and fiber fault points.
The visual fault locator can detect fiber optic connectivity and fiber optic fault points, so do you know the visual fault locator?
What is a visual fault locator?
The visual fault locator (also known as fiber visual fault locator, fiber optic cable visual fault locator) is a 650nm (±20nm) semiconductor laser as a light-emitting device, driven by a constant current source to emit stable red light and optical interface connection.
In addition, the corning visual fault locator also has OTDR blind zone fault detection, end-to-end fiber identification, and mechanical splice point optimization functions. It can be used in telecom/CATV engineering and maintenance, integrated cabling construction and maintenance, optical device production and research, and other fiber optic engineering.
The visual fault locator is divided by its minimum detection distance: 5Km, 10Km, 15Km, 20Km, 25Km, 30Km, 35Km, 40Km, etc., and even longer distances. The farther the detection distance is, the more expensive it is.
The visual fault locator is suitable for all kinds of fiber optic connectors, which is a good reflection of the professionalism of this unique tool. Visual fault locator connects with all types of fiber optic interfaces, connects tightly and firmly with the lightning pen tip, the size is accurate in place, and the application is simple and convenient.
Through the visual fault locator on the fiber optic patch cable for light testing, you can determine which is the corresponding connector at the other end of the fiber optic cable if you can not find the red light, indicating that the line routing does not correspond, or the central fiber core has a breakpoint. The following FC interface fiber optic patch cord and SC interface fiber pigtail for light testing and test the constant light and blinking function, respectively.
This visual fault locator light source has a strong penetration effect, light concentration dispersion, stable and robust performance, can easily penetrate the long-distance fiber, and can easily and quickly detect the fiber optic line through and through the situation.
The light source flicker function is stable in frequency, giving me the feeling that the light source flickers powerfully. In using a visual fault locator, you also need to pay attention to: do not face the human eye to avoid the high brightness of the red light on the eye damage.
Visual fault locator is also called fiber visual fault locator, pen red light source, visible light detection pen, fiber fault detector, fiber fault locator, etc. Most of them are used for detecting fiber breakpoints and are classified according to their shortest detection distance: 5Km, 10Km, 15Km, 20Km, 25Km, 30Km, 35Km, 40Km, etc. 35Km, 40Km, etc.
Features of visual fault locator
1. quantum well LD as the light source.
2. CW and MOD operating modes.
3. FC, SC, ST universal interface.
4. long detection distance.
5. stable power output.
6. output red laser visible to the human eye. With extreme penetrating power, the light leaking from the fault point is still clearly visible through the 3mm PVC layer.
7. nanotechnology multiple electrostatic protection.
8. The shell is solid and durable, simple, and convenient to carry.
Try for free Fiber Optic Drop Cables
How does visual fault locator work?
Visual fault locator consists of an RF remote control and a receiver (USB interface), RF remote control embedded with a wireless RF transmitter; in use, plug the receiver into the USE interface of the computer host; no need to install the driver to work correctly, the user only needs to click on the relevant function keys of the RF remote control can manipulate the receiver.
And the transmitter does not need to align the receiver; it embodies wireless’s freedom. Of course, since the laser pointer is called, the laser indication is indispensable, divided into two categories of red light indication and green light indication.
Keep on reading:A Guide to Cable Tension Clamp
How does visual fault locator work?
The visual fault locator can be used in various ways, but its most common use is to detect the connectivity and locate the fault point of the fiber, so how does the visual fault locator work?
The visual fault locator is divided into two working modes: a constant light mode, which can steadily show the connectivity of fiber optic patch cords by continuous light; another flashing mode, which can quickly find the fiber optic fault point by flashing light. Specific use is as follows.
1. Install the battery and check whether the visual fault locator is intact
Unscrew the visual fault locator’s nib and pen body, install the battery in the visual fault locator’s pen body (pay attention to the positive and negative poles of the battery), tighten the nib and pen body after battery installation, open the visual fault locator’s dust cap and control switch, and observe whether the visual fault locator whether there is red light, there is red light means visual fault locator is installed correctly, you can use.
2. Select the appropriate connector according to the type of fiber optic patch cord
Select the appropriate connector according to the type of fiber optic patch cord (that is, the interface type of fiber optic patch cord), such as LC fiber optic patch cord, then select the LC connector to be installed on the interface of visual fault locator, and then insert the fiber optic patch cord into the connector of visual fault locator (please clean the interface of fiber optic patch cord with cleaning tools before inserting it).
3. Open the visual fault locator working mode to detect fiber optic patch cords
First, select the visual fault locator constant light mode (push up) through the continuous light to check whether the fiber optic jumper is connected and intact; if there is no red light leakage in the fiber optic jumper, it means that the fiber optic jumper is entire if there is red light leakage somewhere in the fiber optic jumper, then open the visual fault locator flashing mode (push down) .
If there is red light leakage somewhere in the fiber optic jumper, turn on the visual fault locator (push down) to find out the fault point of the fiber optic jumper quickly by flashing light. If the fiber jumper is damaged due to excessive bending of the fiber, replace the fiber jumper;
If the fault point of the fiber jumper is the fiber fusion, then there may be air bubbles in the fusion; you need to re-fusion the fiber.
visual fault locator use precautions
1. the laser is harmful to the eyes, so when using a visual fault locator, you should avoid direct laser light to the eyes.
2. when using the visual fault locator, it is best to clean the fiber optic jumper interface with a cleaning tool.
3. usually, the laser will shorten its life in a high-temperature working environment, so the visual fault locator should try to avoid a high-temperature working environment.
4. to avoid dust, oil, and other contamination when the visual fault locator is used or not used for a long time, you need to wear a good dust cap in time.
5.To avoid damage to the visual fault locator due to battery decay, please remove the battery when the visual fault locator is not used for a long time.
Keep on reading:Fiber Optic Drop Cable，Everthing You Need Know
MT-8687 Mini visual Fault locator
1. Product Dimension: 127 x 36.5 x 28 (mm)
2. Product Weight: 61 g (with battery)
3. Type: Visual Fault Locator, Multi-mode
4. Charging port: USB charging(only for charging type)
5. Power supply: AAA 1.5V battery X2 / Lithium battery 1000mAh
6. LED light: Yes
7. Working temperature: -20 ~ +60 (°C)
8. Frequency: CW / 2Hz
9. Laser type: LD
10. Wavelength: 650nm
1. Pocket size design, mini and compact
2. Testing distance is up to 30km, high stability
3. Rubber dust proof cover
4. 2.5mm universal connector, suitable for SC/ST/FC connector
5. Strong and stable light source, strong penetrating power
6. Be equipped with LED light, more convenient to work in the dark
7. Built-in lithium battery, safe to use USB charging, convenient usage
1. LED light:More convenient to check the fibers in the dark
2. USB charging: USB interface charging, charging at any time, Safe and stable, use at ease
3. Concealed button:Concealed button to prevent accidental touch
1.USB high-speed plug-in, Power up.
2. Put the 2.5mm universal connector into the adaptor
Read my article on How to Choose Network Patch Lan Cord Cable?
MT-8603 corning visual fault locator
1. Model Number: MT-8603
2. Type: Visual Fault Locator
3. Place of Origin: Zhejiang, China
4. Brand Name: Melontel
5. Use: FTTH
6. Product name: Visual Fault Locator
7. Size: 23*188mm
8. Gross weight: 181g (without battery)
9. Application Pulse frequency: 3Hz to 9Hz
10. Fiber radius of curvature: ≤30mm
11. Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
12. Color: Gray
13. Power Supply: 2 AA Batteries
|Optic Fiber Category||SM,MM|
|Battery Spec||2 AA-size alkaline batteries|
|Package||black canvas bag & a tiny white box|
It utilizes a 650nm semiconductor laser as an emitting device that, by using its constant-current drive emit the red light, which powers are stable. When connected to the optical interface that emits red light, it can be absorbed by the multimode and single mode fibers, achieving the detection that detects optical fiber defect. It is an essential device for fiber-optic construction maintenance of fiber-optic networks research and development of optical devices.
1. Anodizing does not change color and does not fall off
2. Operates either in CW or Pulsed mode with constant output power
3. Drop-resistand and dust-proof design of source head
4. Source case ground design prevents ESD damage
5. Portable and rugged
6. Easy to use
7. Rotating button protection ring
Suitable for SC, FC, ST interface:
Take off the tail, then place batteries in it. tail(Caution:Cathode from the batteries will point towards the bottom of the indicator. Anode of the batteries contracts anode indicator.
Connect the body to the tail, and then open the dust cap, and push the switch.You will notice the red laser beaming through the optical interface. At same time, the LED will light up.
When you press the switch again, light emitting shifts to pulse mode, and the LED is synchronized with the light emitting (pulse frequency ). The frequency is controlled at a frequency of 2-3 Hz or 9Hz.
Press the switch again,the optical source will shut,and there is no more light.Meanwhile,LED put out(switching cycle mode is:continuous-pulse-shut).
Inject the fiber you would like to observe to select the working mode of your lighting source(continuous or pulse).
When you are done, close the dust cap.If you do not use the indicator for an extended time.You should remove the batteries, in the event that they become rotten and damage the lighting source.
Maintenance and matters needing attention
1.Laser and harmful, especially to pay attention to protect the eyes, when laser works, avoid to irradiate the eyes with laser directly;
2. In generally, the higher the temperature, the shorter the life of laser, when used to avoid high temperature working environment;
3. The work of laser optical fiber head should be cleaned;
4. When used, the optical interface and the interface needs to detect light and light pull plug;
5. Don’t use the light source, would you please put dust cap to avoid dust fall;
6. Should remove the battery when not in using;
7. Please do not remove the end cap and any part of the dust cap, remove shall not be responsible for damage caused.
Read more about Connector Crimping Tool，The Ultimate Guide
MT-8605 Economical Visual Fault Locator (VFL)
The MT-8605 Economical VFL an effective and affordable basic fiber testing tool It provides a clear method to detect fiber defects and to identify fibers within the optical network before as well as after the installation. It comes with:
Locating the breakpoint, weak connections, cracks, or bends within fiber optic cables.
Looking for the flaws in OTDR dead zone
Visual fibers that are end-to-end identified
* Stable and constant output power
* A special circuit for driving lasers, to ensure the laser’s output remains an
*continuous power level so long as there is an electrical battery with a voltage that is available.
* Low battery alert It reminds users to replace the battery on time.
* Battery with long life(up forty hours using AAA batteries)
* Can be operated using CW or Pulsed
* Size of pocket lightweight and small in weight simple to carry around
|Type||MT-8605 Economical VFL|
|Output Power||1mw or 10mw|
|Optical Connector||FC/2.5mm universal connector
For 1.25mm connectors, FC (Male)-LC (Female) convertor
can be optional on customer requests
|Operating Model||Both CW and Pulse(2Hz) available|
|Power Supply||Two AAA alkaline batteries|
|Battery Operating Time||40hours
Test with Panasonic LR6 AAA ALKALINE battery
|Operating Temperature||-10~+60 (℃)|
|Storage Temperature||-25~+70 (℃)|
|3105N||MT-8605 VFL, Two AAA batteries, User Manual and Soft Carrying case.|
MT-8601 fiber optic cable visual fault locator
1. Fiber connector: universal-connector
2. Casing Material: aviation aluminum
3. Operating Temperature(°C): 0~+60
4. Output Frequency: 1mW/5mW/10mW/20mW/25mW/30mW/50mW can be chosen
5. Testing Distance: 1-50km
6. Battery stype: 1.5V*2
7. Optic Fiber Category: SM,MM
8. Size: 175mm*26mm*26m(excluding connector)
9. N.W. Weight: 75g
10. Color: Black
11. Packing:24pcs/ctn (2.6kg 31*25*22cm)/ctn
12. Certification: ISO9001:2008
Optical fiber pen-type red Light Source pen-based red light source that utilizes the 650nm semiconductor laser for light-emitting device. It operates through an in-line drive that is constant, emit the red light whose has a stable power. After connection to optical interface that transmits red light, it can be transmitted through the multimode or single mode fibers and perform the detect function of the optical fiber that is in fault. It is an essential instrument for fiber-optic design and maintenance of fiber-optic networks manufacturing optical devices, and research.
Read more about Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), Get the best Quote
MT-8604 Visual Fault Locator
The MT-8604 series Visual Fault Locator uses the DFB-LD as the emitting element. It is powered by a continuous current sources, this indicator is able to emit a stable red laser.The product is able to detect fiber failures when they connect to optical interfaces. It can also be used to insert into single mode or multi-mode optical fiber.It is a vital tool for fiber project construction as well as maintaining fiber network work optical component manufacturing and research.
* Maintenance in telecom, CATV
* Test Lab of optical fibers
* Fiber routing and continuity checks for optical network.
*Additional fiber optic measurements
Key Features – Pen-Type Visual Fault Locator
* 2.5mm universal connector,
* Works in Pulsed or CW mode, with a the same output power
* Battery life that is long (up at 60 hours)
* dust-proof and drop-resistant design of the laser head
* Laser case ground design prevents ESD damage
• Portable, and tough
* Simple to make use of
* Meets CE standards including EMC, EMI, ROHS
Technical Specifications – -Visual Fault Locator
|Output power||Optional choice for 5mw, 10mw,20mw|
|Optical connector||2.5mm universal connector, for 1.25mm connectors, FC (Male)-LC. (Female) convertor can be provided on request|
|Operating model||Both CW and Pulse available|
|Pulse frequency||3Hz to 9Hz|
|Power supply||2AAA alkaline batteries|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to 60°C|
|Storage temperature||-40°C to 85°C|
|Dimension||-FL-005 Φ13 X167|
|Weight||113g (without battery)|