What is the FTTH (fiber to the home)?
In recent years, FTTH (fiber to the home) access technology has been widely used in Japan and the United States as the ultimate, once-and-for-all access solution in the future.
The advantages of FTTH (fiber to the home) are: support Internet broadband, CATV and telephone triple play access;
The access medium can choose single-fiber or dual-fiber connection, flexible and optional; high bandwidth, can easily provide bidirectional 100M and 1000M bandwidth dedicated line access;
Flexible network structure, low operation and maintenance cost; centralized wiring in the community computer room, easy to assign, maintain and manage;
Allow users to freely choose operators, which is conducive to the competition of multiple operators;
There is no need to increase the laying of optical cables from the central computer room to the community; the utilization rate of equipment ports is very high, and the capacity can be gradually expanded according to the increase in the number of access users;
Support foreseeable new services in the future: videophone, VOD, digital cinema, telecommuting, online exhibition, TV education, telemedicine, data storage and backup, etc.
In addition, FTTH (fiber to the home) is also particularly suitable for occasions where the access distance of information points exceeds the access distance of Category 5 lines, where anti-electromagnetic interference and communication confidentiality are required. The applicable fields include:
Residential area FTTH (fiber to the home) broadband access network (FTTH);
Fiber-to-the-desktop applications (FTTD); enterprise high-speed fiber-optic local area networks (O-LAN);
High reliability industrial distributed control system (DCS); optical fiber digital video surveillance network; high-speed optical fiber local area network; campus network, etc.
The biggest advantage of optical fiber is that the bandwidth can be improved. Generally, the optical fiber bandwidth can be increased to 50M-100M, which provides space for superimposing various applications such as high-definition IPTV and other multimedia applications in the future.
For the cells that have been covered by FTTH, users can apply for 20M bandwidth in addition to 10M bandwidth. Compared with optical fiber, ADSL has a maximum theoretical download bandwidth of 8Mbps, so the improvement of bandwidth is limited. If more applications are added in the future, it will be more powerless. In addition, compared with optical fiber, AD-SL copper cable is also more prone to aging and will reduce stability.
What is FTTH cable?
FTTH (fiber to the home) fiber optic cable is a fiber directly to the home. Specifically, FTTH (fiber to the home) optical cable refers to the installation of an optical network unit (ONU) at the home user or enterprise user, and is the optical access closest to the user in the optical access series except FTTD (fiber to the desktop). Web application type.
The main advantages of FTTH (fiber to the home) cable are:
(1) It is a passive network, from the central office to the user, the middle can basically be passive;
(2) Its bandwidth is relatively wide, and the long distance is just in line with the large-scale use of operators;
(3) Because it is a business carried on optical fibers, there is no problem;
(4) Due to its wide bandwidth, the supported protocols are more flexible;
(5) With the development of technology, including point-to-point, 1.25G and FTTH methods have developed relatively complete functions. FTTH fiber optic cables use special small bending radius single-mode fibers to provide greater bandwidth and enhance network transmission characteristics. More importantly, the optical cable has excellent bending resistance characteristics, and the bending radius can reach 15mm.
The structure is simple, the weight is light, and the unique groove design is easy to strip, and the optical fiber connection is very convenient, which greatly simplifies the installation and maintenance, and is convenient for users to use.
What is fiber optic drop cable?
Fiber optic drop cable is a new type of home optical cable. The full name is butterfly drop cable, commonly known as fiber optic drop cable. Because of its small size and light weight, it is suitable for fiber optic cables entering the home. The wiring can be cut according to the distance on site. , which greatly improves the construction efficiency of the project. Butterfly drop cable for access network (commonly known as fiber optic drop cable) is divided into two series:
One is the non-self-supporting butterfly drop cable: suitable for indoor wiring use (1, 2, 4 cores);
The second is the self-supporting butterfly drop cable: suitable for outdoor overhead introduction (1, 2, 4 cores) fiber optic drop cable.
The main features of fiber optic drop cable are:
(1) Through the special design in terms of elasticity, it is ensured that the optical fiber is not easily broken during the installation process. When bending the optical cable, it is only necessary to release the optical cable at the bent position, and the optical cable will automatically return to the original position without causing deformation or leaving any marks on the optical cable jacket.
(2) No matter which direction it is bent from, the optical cable is very flexible, so that the optical fiber can be installed or wound with a small bending radius.
(3) Stepping, squeezing, bending and knotting will not affect the transmission loss of the optical cable.
(4) Smooth optical cable sheath, wear-resistant and durable. In addition, the fiber optic drop cable also has: small outer diameter, light weight, low cost, easy laying, fast construction, and easy to strip out the optical fiber by hand, the optical cable has good flexibility and bending performance, and can be used as soft as ordinary telephone lines. , Even after the optical cable is folded and knotted, the optical fiber core will not be broken, which is especially suitable for small-angle laying and installation in buildings.
The FTTH (fiber to the home) project is to achieve the same network transmission of telephone, TV and Internet services using a single power optical fiber. Through the construction and implementation of the FTTH (fiber to the home) project, a number of key technologies such as photoelectric separation and EPON network application have been gradually mastered and broken through, and a system has been carried out for the promotion and application of power FTTH (fiber to the home) and low-voltage communication networks. technical reserves.