Fiber Optic Cable Line Planning and Design
The planning and design of communication fiber optic cable lines can largely improve the performance of communication optical networks. Therefore, the article focuses on the planning and design system of communication fiber optic cable lines, and analyses the key issues in the planning and design of fiber optic cable lines to ensure the effectiveness and enforceability of the planning and design.
Communication Cable Line planning scope, duration
The scope of communication cable line planning includes core layer relay cable, convergence layer relay cable, access cable (backbone cable, wiring cable) and basic pipeline. The planning of communication cable lines is a thematic planning, and the planning period is generally three years.
The implementation of communication cable line planning will guide the network construction of core layer, convergence layer, access layer fiber optic cable and ducts, making network layering clearer, improving network security, meeting the needs of full service development and laying a solid foundation for market share. The planning conclusions are given to address market demand, construction scale, network reach capability and investment in fiber optic cable lines for each year of the planning period.
Try for free Fiber Optic Drop Cables
Communication Cable Line planning principles
In the communication cable line planning process, the regions must strictly implement the national policy, as well as the relevant aspects of the standard specification, to ensure that the line planning is carried out in a scientific and orderly manner, to ensure the integrity of the entire communication network, etc..
Specifically, the following principles are mainly adhered to.
Communication cable line planning and design must be forward-looking, in consideration of the current period of business network expansion needs at the same time, should be based on different network levels, coverage areas, etc., and strive to make an objective evaluation of the development of the business network, and can do its scientific prediction, so as to scientifically determine the medium-term capacity of the fiber optic cable network, etc., can effectively curb the problem of duplicate construction, and thus achieve the goal of pipeline resource conservation .
From the perspective of the development of communication cable lines, it is necessary to take into account the business needs, but also to combine their own development characteristics, to do a good job of comprehensive planning, due to the market and technical changes have a large uncertainty, resulting in business network demand for fiber optic cable lines in a long-term uncertainty, which brings a greater impact on the structure of fiber optic cable lines.
The independence of the fiber optic cable line is mainly based on business and technical development, but also beyond. Mainly through the macro judgment, the network objectives for the forecast and other means, with the help of a full range of integrated planning, so as to achieve the goal of line planning independence.
Unified planning, step-by-step implementation
Unified planning: fiber optic cable lines as the basis of the various business networks, in the planning of fiber optic cable lines, the need to take into account the room, network, technology and other circumstances in all aspects, and strive to meet the needs of the various business networks.
Step-by-step implementation: In the actual planning and construction process, the fiber optic cable line and capacity is the basis for the construction of the fiber optic cable line, based on the actual needs of the current business for step-by-step implementation.
Layered zoning planning
Fiber optic cable line planning to co-ordinate many factors, to strengthen the consideration of many aspects, such as business development, economic development level, etc.. At the same time to consider
Business enterprise customers, fixed-line broadband and other access needs, as a basis for the implementation of layered zoning planning strategy.
fiber optic cable line planning to follow certain principles, namely the “vertical layering, horizontal zoning” principle, and constantly improve the line planning and construction of the hierarchy.
For the horizontal zoning principle, which is mainly based on geographical conditions, commercial buildings, etc., in accordance with the principle of fiber optic cable line division will cover the area divided into a number of integrated planning integrated business access area, so as to achieve the goal of grid-based management.
Read my article on All Dielectric Self Supporting (ADSS) Cables, The 2022 Complete Guide
Communication Cable Line planning and design system
(1) Analysis of the current situation of fiber optic cable at the core convergence layer.
According to the communication situation on site and the operation research information of each family, the planners compiled the core layer fiber optic cable line schematic diagram and the core convergence layer fiber optic cable resource status table, perfectly presenting the core convergence layer fiber optic cable status.
(2) Analysis of the current situation of fiber optic cable coverage.
According to the nature of the coverage area, it is divided into
County and township coverage and administrative village coverage. County and township coverage should be verified whether full coverage is achieved, and administrative village coverage should be analyzed to give coverage rate.
(3) Analysis of the current situation of pipeline cable coverage. Pipeline fiber optic cable is mainly built in urban areas, and the planners give the table of the current status of pipeline fiber optic cable resources through analysis based on the research data.
Problems and analysis of the current situation of fiber optic cable lines
According to the analysis of the current situation of the core convergence layer fiber optic cable, the current situation of the access layer fiber optic cable, the current situation of the fiber optic cable coverage analysis and the current situation of the pipeline fiber optic cable coverage analysis, the problems of various current situations are found and listed out, in preparation for the proposed planning objectives.
According to the development requirements of urban planning, new demands have been put forward for optical networks, especially the speed-up of broadband data networks, the addition of mobile base stations and the leasing business of commercial and corporate customers require not only a more complete fixed network, but also seamless coverage of wireless networks, which requires the core convergence layer and access layer of the optical transmission network to each have a network that can meet the service demands at any time and anywhere.
(1) Demand for broadband data services. Based on the guiding spirit of developing broadband data services, the demand for broadband data services during the planning period is given.
(2) Demand for mobile base station services. The demand for mobile base station services is forecasted during the planning period.
(3) Demand for business building access. During the planning period, various types of business buildings and university campuses are also increasing. In order to meet the new service demands of these new users, corresponding optical fiber cables need to be laid to cover these new areas and provide service for them.
(4) Demand for relocation of pipelines and poles. During the planning period, with the accelerated development of new urban areas and the demand for road widening and transformation in old urban areas, combined with the municipal planning “implementation of old city transformation, beautifying urban space and creating an excellent city”, the demand for relocation of pipeline poles and roads is given.
(5) Analysis of the demand for network optimisation. During the planning period, part of the network structure is not reasonable, and it is necessary to optimize the existing part of the network structure for renovation and construction.
Communication fiber optic cable line planning objectives
According to the analysis of the current problems of fiber optic cable lines and the analysis of various demands during the planning period, the planning objectives of fiber optic cable lines are given. During the planning period, the planning target structure of fiber optic cable lines is still at the core, convergence and access levels, including the core layer development target, convergence layer development target, access backbone fiber optic cable construction target, access wiring fiber optic cable construction target, fiber optic cable coverage development target and pipeline development target.
Keep on reading:A Guide to Cable Tension Clamp
Communication fiber optic cable line development strategy
Core layer fiber optic cable development strategy.
According to the development trend and the actual situation, the core layer structure can specifically adopt the evolution strategy of “ring – part of the network shape – full network shape”, the core layer cable evolution strategy is shown in Figure 1.
Convergence layer fiber optic cable development strategy.
Convergence layer fiber optic cable network requires high security, flexibility, convergence layer nodes required to cover all areas of the city, so the number of convergence nodes is much more than the core nodes.
Access backbone cable development strategy.
Adhere to the principle of layered construction of the local optical cable network, the core convergence layer optical cable should be physically separated from the access layer optical cable.
Access wiring cable development strategy.
Access wiring layer network should be classified according to the type of access services, for ordinary business access can be used in a star, chain-shaped networking.
Access wiring layer optical cable should be coordinated planning, and efforts should be made to realize the sharing of housing, equipment and optical cable resources such as base stations, modular bureaus and outlets, so as to reduce construction costs and shrink maintenance costs.
Optical cable network optimization strategy.
The current distribution of optical cable resources is unreasonable, which mainly involves the following reasons.
First, the lack of a unified fixed network construction ideas.
Second, unbalanced business development.
Resulting in the increasingly prominent contradiction between service demand and optical fiber resources.
In view of this, according to the development objectives of the optical cable network, based on the current status quo, the existing optical cable network is optimized, and the optical cable resources are reasonably and optimally allocated to provide an important guarantee for the safe operation of the optical cable network, thereby comprehensively promoting the development of full services.
Communication pipeline development strategy.
For communication pipeline resources, they must be unified management and use, and strive to achieve integrated planning. Sort out and count the existing pipeline resources, focus on effective connection with the development of science and technology, and realize the electronic management of basic resources.
Communication fiber -optic cable line construction programme
According to the analysis of the current situation and problems of the communication optical cable network (pipeline), combined with the demand analysis as well as the development and construction objectives of the communication network and the construction strategy of the local optical cable network, specific construction plans for the core convergence layer, access backbone layer, access distribution layer and communication pipeline of the optical cable line are given during the planning period.
Learn more about FTTH Cables and Their Role in Internet Connectivity
Analysis of key issues in the planning and design of communication Fiber Optic Cable Lines
Failure to consider the natural environment
Because the communication cable line in the planning and design process, take the overhead laying, underground buried laying methods, etc., resulting in optical cable line has been in the external environment, so it is easy to be affected by the natural environment, serious quality problems, thus seriously affecting the overall quality of operation of the communication optical network, so it must be in the planning and design process of the communication optical cable line to take appropriate protective measures.
For example, storms and other external environments can lead to a decline in signal transmission efficiency, if you want to ensure that the efficiency of cable information transmission will not be affected, you must consider the development of reasonable protective measures in the process of planning and design of communication cable lines.
If in the planning and design of the work, the planners are not able to carefully consider the natural environment in which the communication cable lines are located, resulting in the construction process of future optical cable lines without taking corresponding protective measures, which will eventually lead to quality problems in the communication cable lines under the influence of the external environment, seriously affecting the performance of the communication optical network.
Keep on reading:Fiber Optic Drop Cable，Everthing You Need Know
Not fully consider the existing cable line along the environment and line quality issues
In order to do a good job in the planning and design of communication cable lines, planners must be familiar with the environment along the cable lines and the quality problems of the lines, and fully consider these factors in the planning and design. For this reason, existing fiber -optic lines should be examined in the field before the planning and design work. Because the planning and design of communication cable lines have very high requirements for the line surroundings, in order to ensure the accuracy of planning and design as well as feasibility, do a good job of field survey work in advance is very necessary.
Through the field survey, not only can understand the environmental conditions along the optical cable line, but also can find the quality of the communication optical cable line, can provide accurate planning data information for the planners, and according to the planning guidance, etc. combined with the actual situation, in the planning status quo map marked on the line of the data information, so as to ensure the quality of planning and design.
Insufficient consideration of network optimisation during the planning period
(1) While fully demonstrating the service demand and existing network resources, the constraints that inhibit service and network development are explored as far as possible, and the target architecture of the optical cable network is used as the basis for rational optimisation and transformation of local optical cable sections.
(2) From the perspective of optical cable network optimisation, all-round consideration should be given to the various types of optical cable resources built to maximise their utilisation, while a scientific evaluation mechanism should be established to make a comprehensive analysis of the bottlenecks encountered in the process of network development, and optical cable optimisation should be incorporated into line planning to better solve the bottleneck problems encountered in the planning of optical cable lines.
(3) Mobile network and fixed network core nodes should be equipped with direct large-core optical cable resources, for convergence nodes and access layer backbone nodes, should be gradually optimized and adjusted according to the planned convergence area and backbone node settings, to build a clear network architecture of core convergence and access layer backbone network.
(4) For the current core convergence layer optical cable with long service life and many openings should be combined with the planning of the optical cable network and gradually sunk for the use of the access layer optical cable.
Insufficient consideration of the common construction and sharing of communication pipes
(1) Attention should be paid to both completeness and foresight, and economic rationality should be considered to avoid duplicate construction and waste of pipeline resources.
(2) It should have a strong focus and effectiveness, be operable and controllable, and achieve integrated planning, local conditions, step-by-step implementation, and accelerate the construction of communication pipelines in an appropriately advanced manner.
(3) It should be based on the principles of effective use, conservation of resources, technical feasibility and reasonable affordability, so as to achieve the sharing of infrastructure resources to meet market demand.
(4) Construction should be carried out in the spirit of serving the needs of various industries and other operational networks, and it should be made clear whether the construction of communication pipelines should be carried out by the government alone or jointly with other pipeline units in collaboration.
Read my article on Design and Application of FTTH Optical Fiber Network
In summary, in order to do a good job of planning and design of communication cable lines, planners need to conduct field visits and collect information, organize the planning status quo, reasonably put forward demand analysis, give planning strategies and develop construction plans.
In this process, the planners should fully consider and analyze the planning process such as the environment along the line and line quality issues, network optimization and pipeline sharing and other issues, to ensure the accuracy and enforceability of the communication cable line planning, to provide protection for the economy and reliability of the communication cable line construction.